Consumers to enjoy over 1,000 UnionPay offers globally KUALA LUMPUR, July 11 (Bernama) --
AmBank (M) Berhad (AmBank), which operates one of the larger retail banking networks in Malaysia and UnionPay, a leading global payment network, officially launched the AmBank UnionPay Platinum Credit Card on 10 July 2019 at Pavilion Kuala Lumpur. The AmBank UnionPay Platinum Credit Card looks to tap into the fast-growing segment of Malaysian travellers, with AmBank being the first local bank in Malaysia to partner UnionPay on a credit card collaboration.
With a strong partnership dating back to 2013, AmBank has been collaborating with UnionPay to provide a payment platform for its customers in Malaysia. In fact, AmBank is one of UnionPay’s top acquiring banks in the market.
In April 2019, AmBank was among the six companies from six Belt and Road Initiative countries invited by UnionPay to collaborate with the global payment giant to build an interconnected payment network within the region and support personnel exchanges.
“We are pleased to be the first local bank to partner with UnionPay for a credit card collaboration. Through this travel credit card collaboration, we are able to leverage on UnionPay’s strong global presence as well as access UnionPay exclusive deals and The U Collection, a global privilege programme that brings together hotels, shopping and specially-curated dining offers for its premium cardholders. Indeed, we see enormous potential for further partnerships with UnionPay,” said Dato’ Sulaiman Mohd Tahir, Group Chief Executive Officer, AmBank Group.
Mr Wenhui Yang, General Manager, UnionPay International Southeast Asia said “We are delighted to partner AmBank, a leading Malaysian bank for our first credit card issuance with a local bank. This collaboration marks another step forward in our expansion plan in Malaysia, and our commitment to providing products and services which are relevant to locals, including the increasingly well-travelled Malaysians by resonating with their lifestyle needs. Cardholders will appreciate the convenient, fast and secure UnionPay transactions, together with great rewards, travel, dining and lifestyle privileges in popular international travel destinations like Hong Kong, Japan, Thailand and domestically in Malaysia.”
“We are very excited to partner UnionPay as they have set up a strong issuing business support for their partners, especially for us here in Malaysia. There is a fresh branding campaign focusing on worldwide travel and dining privileges such as dining at Michelin Star restaurants. The look and feel is young and modern. Our UnionPay card will excite our customers who travel, entertain and enjoy dining, here in Malaysia as well as internationally, particularly China,” said Jade Lee, Managing Director, Retail Banking, AmBank (M) Berhad.
“In addition, we are working together to have a yearlong Four Seasons campaign whereby in every quarter, we will be treating an AmBank UnionPay cardholder to a trip to popular overseas destinations according to the season.,” added Jade.
The Four Seasons campaign will see opportunities for cardholders to win exclusive overseas travel packages for each season starting from Spring, when they spend using the card from 1 October to 31 December 2019. This will then be followed by travel packages for Summer, Autumn and Winter.
Amongst the privileges and deals being offered through AmBank UnionPay Platinum Credit Card are:
• 5x AmBonus Points for every RM1 overseas retail usage
• 2x complimentary access to Plaza Premium Lounge, subject to terms and conditions
• Complimentary access to UnionPay Lounge in Pavilion Kuala Lumpur, the first card scheme lounge located in a shopping mall with a dedicated Customer Service Personnel, complimentary coffee and tea, mobile charging points and free WiFi for AmBank UnionPay Platinum Credit Card cardholders.
• Preferential rate for access to more than 1,400 DragonPass airport lounges in more than 150 countries worldwide. DragonPass is the world’s first all-in-one digital airport platform that offers discounted airport lounges, enjoy restaurant discounts privileges, airport Limousine services and personal meet & greet concierge service all within a single platform.
• Discounted rental rate for pocket Wi-Fi
• Discounts up to 10% OFF at 100 international airports’ duty-free stores
• Golf privileges at selected golf courses worldwide
With the AmBank UnionPay Platinum Credit Card, customers can also enjoy discounts from Coach, Michael Kors, Eraman, Tumi and many others.
In addition to that, AmBank will be offering additional privileges and deals to its cardholders, such as:
• GSC movie tickets for the first 100 cardholders who apply for the AmBank UnionPay Platinum Credit Card
• Upon card approval, new AmBank UnionPay Platinum Credit Card cardholders are entitled for RM50 cashback for any amount of retail usage
• Within 90 days from card approval, new AmBank UnionPay Platinum Credit Card cardholders will be entitled for up to 65,000 AmBonus Points for an accumulated amount of RM2,000 retail usage
• Over 240 readily available credit card deals on AmBank Spot (www.ambankspot.com
), where 40 are UnionPay-exclusive deals and over 200 existing AmBank credit card deals
Existing AmBank customers can apply for their new AmBank UnionPay credit card directly via AmOnline or AMY™️ our Virtual Assistance on AmOnline mobile app. Our online banking platform not only enables card application but has the capabilities for our cardholders to activate and operate their card account online. AmOnline is available in English, Bahasa Melayu and Mandarin across its web and app platforms.
Present at the launch ceremony were Dato’ Sulaiman Mohd Tahir, Group Chief Executive Officer, AmBank Group, Mr Larry Wang, Vice President, UnionPay, Ms Jade Lee, Managing Director, Retail Banking, AmBank (M) Berhad, Mr Lenon Cheong, Head, Cards and Merchant Services, AmBank (M) Berhad along with the Senior Management from AmBank Group and UnionPay.