KUALA LUMPUR, Jan 31 (Bernama)
-- The Life Insurance Association of Malaysia (LIAM) and Malaysian Takaful Association (MTA) wish to inform that all life insurance companies and takaful operators will provide hospitalisation coverage/treatment due to Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) to their policyholders/certificate holders.
The World Health Organisation (WHO) has just declared the outbreak of the coronavirus as a global health emergency.
“Even though a majority of the medical policies/certificates carry an exclusion on communicable diseases requiring quarantine by law, the Malaysian life insurers and takaful operators are responding to an immediate need of the nation by waiving the exclusion on quarantine by law in light of the increasing number of people who have been affected,” announced by Mr Mark O’Dell, Chief Executive Officer of LIAM.
“Policyholders/certificate holders are advised to check with their respective insurance companies/takaful operators for the benefits and terms and conditions of their health insurance policy/takaful certificate,” added Mark.
To our fellow Malaysians, we wish to advise you to take precautionary measures as advised by the Ministry of Health Malaysia such as practising the highest standard of hygiene by often washing hands with soap or hand sanitizers, using a face mask, avoid visiting crowded places, etc. More details on the coronavirus is available at www.moh.gov.my
Kindly contact the respective life insurance companies/takaful operators directly if you wish to find out more about your insurance/takaful coverage.LIAM Member Companies (refer to website www.liam.org.my)
1. AIA Bhd.
2. Allianz Life Insurance Malaysia Berhad
3. AmMetLife Insurance Berhad
4. AXA AFFIN Life Insurance Berhad
5. Etiqa Life Insurance Berhad
6. Gibraltar BSN Life Berhad
7. Great Eastern Life Assurance (M) Berhad
8. Hannover Rueck SE, Malaysian Branch (reinsurer)
9. Hong Leong Assurance Berhad
10. Manulife Insurance Berhad
11. Malaysian Life Reinsurance Group Berhad(reinsurer)
12. MCIS Insurance Berhad
13. Prudential Assurance Malaysia Berhad
14. Sun Life Malaysia Assurance Berhad
15. Tokio Marine Life Insurance Malaysia Bhd.
16. Zurich Life Insurance Malaysia BerhadAbout LIAM
Formed in 1974, the Life Insurance Association of Malaysia (LIAM) is a trade association registered under the Societies Act 1966. LIAM has a total of 16 members, of which 14 are life insurance companies and 2 life reinsurance companies.
LIAM’s objectives are to promote a progressive life insurance industry; to enhance public understanding and appreciation for life insurance; to upgrade the image and professionalism of the life insurance industry and to support the regulatory authorities in developing a strong industry.MTA Member Companies (refer to website www.malaysiantakaful.com.my)
1. AIA PUBLIC Takaful Bhd.
2. AmMetlife Takaful Berhad
3. Etiqa Family Takaful Berhad
4. Etiqa General Takaful Berhad
5. Great Eastern Takaful Berhad
6. Hong Leong MSIG Takaful Berhad
7. FWD Takaful Berhad
8. Prudential BSN Takaful Berhad
9. Sun Life Malaysia Takaful Berhad
10. Syarikat Takaful Malaysia Keluarga Berhad
11. Syarikat Takaful Malaysia Am Berhad
12. Takaful Ikhlas Family Berhad
13. Takaful Ikhlas General Berhad
14. Zurich General Takaful Malaysia Berhad
15. Zurich Takaful Malaysia BerhadAbout MTA
Malaysian Takaful Industry:
Malaysian Takaful Association (MTA) was established on November 2002 under the Societies Act 1966. It is a trade association representing all 18 licensed Takaful and Retakaful operators in the country. The objectives and the powers of MTA are to promote the interests of its members and to lead and supervise the exercise of self-regulation within the Takaful industry. For more information, please visit www.malaysiantakaful.com.my
.SOURCE: Life Insurance Association of MalaysiaFOR MORE INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT:
Name: Ms Nancy Tan
Life Insurance Association of Malaysia
Tel: 03 –2691 6628/6168
Fax: 03 –2691 7978
Facebook: LIAM - Insurans Hayat CaresMTA Secretariat
Malaysian Takaful Association
Tel : +603-2031 8160
Fax : +603-2031 8170
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org--BERNAMA