TOKYO, Mar. 19, 2020 /Kyodo JBN-AsiaNet/ --
The East Asia Region of Nippon Express Co., Ltd. has begun a rail-based "Relief Supply Transport Service" from Shanghai to Wuhan in collaboration with Sinotrans Limited (hereinafter "Sinotrans").
The ongoing novel coronavirus outbreak has led to numerous restrictions being placed on shipments to Wuhan, with shipments by truck becoming particularly difficult. In response to customer requests, Nippon Express has established the service to resolve the issue of transporting cargo to Wuhan by securing a rail transport route.
1. Nippon Express provides dependable transport by rail in collaboration with Sinotrans, China's largest integrated logistics company.
2. Rail transport allows Nippon Express to offer bulk transport, on-time operation, and reliable lead times.
3. Both FCL (Full Container Load) and LCL (Less than Container Load) services are available to suit all cargo volumes.
- FCL: Daily to Wujiashan Freight Terminal in Wuhan
- LCL: Weekly to Sinotrans warehouse in Caidian Economic Development District
*Service details are subject to change as business operations in Wuhan are being restored. Restrictions have also been placed on accepting cargo at the arrival station. So please inquire in advance for details.
- Principal cargo to be handled
Masks, food products and other relief supplies as well as general cargo
(*commodity items must be confirmed in advance)
Nippon Express remains committed to contributing to society through logistics as a global logistics company.
Nippon Express website: http://www.nipponexpress.com/
Official LinkedIn Account: NIPPON EXPRESS GROUPhttps://www.linkedin.com/company/nippon-express-group/SOURCE: Nippon Express Co., Ltd.